"Gen & Lily”, founders of Los Sueños has been dancing Tango together for the last 10 years. They are the icons to the Tango scenes in Singapore and teaching Tango in Asia and Singapore. They travelled extensively for the past few years and currently based in Singapore. They organise regular classes, Milonga, Tango weekends and events. They are widely known in Asia and famous in their Milonga, the elegance and essence of tango - most unforgettably, their flawlessly spellbinding legworks!
Their passion has taken them round the world attending festivals and events to gather professional dance and coaching, and very much allowed them the opportunity to learn and interact with the highly respected maestros all over the world. They recently won the title of Asian Championship 2018 and will be competing in Luna Park Argentina. They were the first in Singapore to enter Finalist "World Tango Championship" Buenos Aires in 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2018. They also won several championships and runner-ups across asia.
- Asian Tango championship 2018, Tokyo Japan (1st Place),
- Malaysia Tango championship 2019 (1st place Tango & Vals)
- Korea Tango championship 2019 (1st Place Milonga)
- Finalist in "World Tango Championship" 2012
- Finalist in "World Tango Championship" 2014
- Finalist in "World Tango Championship" 2015
- 1st place Championship Tango Salon in Hong kong 2013
- 2nd place in Korea Championship 2014
- 3rd place in Korea Tango Championship 2015
- 3rd place in Asia Tango Championship in 2014
- 3rd place in Asia Tango Championship in 2015
They have been invited to teach and perform in many tango festival around the world and performed in few famous Milonga Clubs in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Tango Festivals & Teaching abroad:
- Hong Kong 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018
- Shanghai Tango Festival 2012 & 2013
- Nagoya Tango weekend May 2015
- Tokyo 2013,2014, 2015,2018
- Shanghai International Tango Marathon 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018
- Beijing Tango Marathon 2013
- Beijing Tango Weekend July 2013
- Seoul Tango Festival 2013,2014, 2015
- Taipei Tango Festival 2014 & 2015
- Chengdu Tango Weekend 2016
- Chengdu Anniversary 2015
- Nanjing Anniverary 2015
- Bali Tango in Paradise 2013
- Malaysia KL Tango Festival 2011, 2012
- Philippines 2012 & 2014
- St. Petersburg, Russia 2015
- Savona Tango Festival, Italy 2017
- Vladivostock, Russia 2017
Gennysam, affectionately known as “Gen”, started training in Ballroomand Latin since 1998 in Ballroom to Latin. Manila, his hometown in the Philippines. He first came to Singapore in 2005 where he met Lily, and worked as a Dance Choreographer - Talent Manager for Asia Culture Dance Group. He also participates in dance ballroom and latin competitions all over the world. Today, he is owner of Los Suenos, a professional Teacher, performer & choreographer for shows & weddings.
Lily, used to work in a Bank, left her job in 2011 and now as a full-time Tango instructor. She found her interest in dance and learnt everything from Ballroom to Latin at various dance schools in Singapore since 2001. She met Gen in 2005 at a ballroom dance event where they did their first Argentine Tango dance together. Although Lily had since taken numerous lessons on Tango dance techniques and routines, she strongly believes in mastering fundamental Basic, techniques rather than routines and moves to ensure quality in her dance. Her emphasis is on flawless footwork and movements of the body & music.
Besides teaching, Gen & Lily also organise one of the largest Asia Tango Festival in Singapore "Singapore International Tango Festival" SITF, attracting hundreds of participants to Singapore for this event, with few couples of Maestros from Argentina and Live Orchestra, all in 1 amazing Tango festival.
(www.sitf.sg | Facebook SITF)
Check out our work and performance videos
Gen & Lily
Los Suenos Tango
Los Suenos Tango : 261 Waterloo Street, #02-28, Waterloo Centre, Singapore 180261 | Lily : +65-9826 6550 | Gen : +65-9002 7225 | Email : email@example.com | Website : www.lossuenos.sg | Festival : www.sitf.sg | Facebook : Los Sueños
*How to get here :
Nearest MRT - Bras Basah / Bugis
Nearest parking at Waterloo Centre, Wilby Central and Hotel Royal @ Queens.
Weekdays - 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm (please call, afternoon strictly by appointment only)
Weekends: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Saturday) / 4:00 pm - 7.30 pm (Sunday)
Closed on Public Holidays